Donate to the historical Society HERE safely with PayPal
JOIN THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY!
2017 Laguna Beach Historical Society Memberships
1. HISTORIAN– Individual $25
– newsletter MaileD
– Notification of PROGRAMS about Laguna Beach HistorY
– WATCH Past programs on YOUTUBE
– Visit the Murphy Smith Bungalow
– ASSISTANCE IN LAGUNA BEACH HISTORY RESEARCH
2. HISTORY FRIEND– Individual Or Business $100
All of the above BENEFITS PLUS:
– Recognition in newsletters
3. HISTORY PATRON– INDIVIDUAL OR BUSINESS $750
ALL OF THE ABOVE BENEFITS PLUS:
– Highest recognition- You or your honoree on poster at programs, podium on Cox TV and in local media
Donate using PayPal above or check can be mailed to:
Laguna Beach Historical Society
278 Ocean Avenue
Laguna Beach CA 92651
All members will receive the LBHS Newsletter. We would like to do our part for the environment and move toward "paperless". If you are mailing your donation, be sure to include your email address for emailed newsletters.
DONATE YOUR TIME
Here are some of the needs we have for volunteers at the Laguna Beach Historical Society:
1. DOCENT one day per month at the Laguna Beach Historical Society’s Murphy Smith Bungalow. Our bungalow on Ocean Ave is set up as a typical early home in Laguna Beach and is open to visitors on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 1-4PM. We will train you and it’s fun!
2. PROGRAM SPEAKER – Present a program/talk for our members. Click here for link to some of our past programs available to watch on YouTube. If you have a subject that you would share with us about the history Laguna Beach, we would love to talk to you about it.
3. PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR – Assist our Program Director in finding suitable speakers for our programs. Coordinate details with the speaker. Send Press Releases to publications to advertise the programs.
4. NEWSLETTER ARTICLES – Write articles pertaining to Laguna Beach history.
5. MEMBERSHIP RECORDS – Record and maintain members' information including address changes and payments. Print labels for newsletters. Prepare annual individual members’ statements. Need someone with spreadsheet and computer skills.
6. MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH – Reach out to businesses and individuals in our community to maintain and solicit new support. Need someone with people-skills with ideas on how to contact and talk to possible members.
7. BUNGALOW DISPLAYS – Prepare and maintain rotating displays for our cabinets. Need someone with creative and artistic skills.
8. GRANT WRITER – Need someone with experience in writing grants for obtaining funds.
9. FUNDRAISER AND EVENT PLANNER – Need someone with skills to plan fundraiser and other events.
10. ARCHIVE ASSISTANT – Assist Archivist with filing, scanning, organizing and writing an index of all archive materials to enable research.
DONATE HISTORICAL MATERIALS
We accept donations of photographs, written documentation, and other memorabilia about Laguna Beach. Or can we borrow and scan your old Laguna Beach photos and return them to you?
Where do donations go?
Laguna Beach Historical Society costs include:
• Programs and presentations related to Laguna Beach history
• Newsletters to members
• Maintenance and insurance for the Murphy Smith Bungalow
• Website costs and other communication expenses
The Historical Society is a non profit 501(c)(3), tax exempt California Corporation founded in 1989.